Terms and Conditions
MTA Pre Purchase Inspections Terms & Conditions
Checkpoint Australia P/L trading as MTA Pre Purchase Inspections shall at all times have the right to demand advance payment or cash payment upon arrival of the vehicle inspector or to demand security to be provided in a form approved by MTA Vehicle Inspections authorized representative to ensure that the purchase price of the service is paid.
If Purchaser does not comply with its obligations under these Conditions, including but not limited to the payment of the purchase price, it shall promptly be deemed to be legally in default, without any notice and without legal action being required. In that case: (1) MTA Vehicle Inspections. shall be entitled to suspend its obligations under these Conditions including but not limited to suspending the provision of the inspection service without relieving Purchaser from its obligations and (2) all amounts promised by Purchaser shall become immediately due to MTA Vehicle Inspections.
Please ensure you read the following.
If there is anything here you don’t understand please call MTA Inspections on 1300 682 123.
OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE
By proceeding with an inspection for this inspection will be regarded as acceptance of these terms and conditions
- The pre-purchase inspection is a visual and/or check operation inspection. WE DO NOT dismantle pull apart and conduct an invasive inspection on any item on the vehicle..
- This inspection is prepared for the person named on the report and no warranty is offered or provided to any third party.
- This report may indicate a problem but not provide any further information about this problem; this is because further dismantling may be required to provide an accurate diagnosis.
- This inspection report is not to be relied upon to determine if internal problems exist in the engine, transmission or any other operational component; general visual checks are carried out only.
- MTA inspections will not be held responsible for undetected defects that have been deliberately disguised in order to deceive scrutineers and potential buyers.
Where applicable MTA Vehicle Inspections reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee to cover costs. This fee can change at the discretion of MTA Vehicle Inspections
- Where a vehicle has been sold MTA Vehicle Inspections require at least 24 hours notice to be given for a full refund of the inspection fee.
- Where a vehicle has been sold and notice to cancel a booking is given within a 24 hours of the inspection time, then a cancellation fee 0f 30% applies.
- Without exception if a client changes their mind after a booking has been confirmed a cancellation fee of 30% applies
- In all other cases where a cancellation requested after a booking has been confirmed a cancellation fee of 30% applies.
- MTA Vehicle Inspections reserves the right not to undertake a vehicle inspection for any type of vehicle, in which case you will be entitled to a refund.
- Where a vehicle has been sold or the client changes thier mind on a vehicle, then MTA Vehicle inspections can offer the client a credit
Notwithstanding delivery and passing of the results of the inspection to the buyer, MTA Vehicle Inspections shall retain the ownership of the information and shall only be transferred to the Purchaser when the Purchaser has fully complied with all of its obligations contained in or arising from these terms and conditions and any sales related agreement between MTA Vehicle Inspections and Purchaser.
You release Us from any and all claims, actions, proceedings, judgments, damages, losses, interest, costs and expenses of whatever nature that the Person may have at any time hereafter arising from the unauthorised provision or sale of the Report by You to a Person without Our express written permission.
You indemnify Us in respect of any and all liability, including all claims, actions, proceedings, judgments, damages, losses, interest, costs and expenses of any nature, which may be incurred by, brought, made or recovered against Us arising directly or indirectly from the unauthorised provision or sale of the Report by You to a Person without Our express written permission
Purchaser shall indemnify and keep indemnified MTA Vehicle Inspections its agents, directors and employees against all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses incurred by or for which MTA Vehicle Inspections may become liable as a direct or indirect result of:
1) Carrying out of any work required to be done on or to the inspected vehicle in accordance with the requirements or specifications listed, pictured or implied within the content of the inspection report and or photographs or verbally by the vehicle inspector.
2) any person other than MTA Vehicle Inspections (or with MTA Vehicle Inspections express consent in writing) using the inspection report or carrying out any amendments, alterations or other work on the report involving any infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual or industrial property rights vested in any third party.
The report is for the benefit of the client named on the front of this report. Any third party acting or relying on this Report, in whole or in part, does so entirely at their own risk.
In the event of a complaint please contact MTA Vehicle Inspections on 1300 682 123. Where necessary and by request We should be given the opportunity to re-inspect the vehicle to deal with the complaint
MTA VEHICLE INSPECT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO PURCHASER IN THE EVENT OF INSPECTION SERVICE INFRINGING OR BEING ALLEGED TO INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OR CREATE ANY DISADVANTAGE TO ANY THIRD PARTY
Seller warrants for the period stated in legislation by the Australian Consumer Law. MTA Vehicle Inspections gives no other guarantees with respect to the inspection report, neither express nor implied. Purchaser shall be liable for any and all claims made by third parties. Period of warranty is either the time period as stated specifically in writing from MTA PPI or as specifically stated within the Australian Consumer Law Legislation
Items Excluded From Inspection
- 1) Anti-lock braking system (ABS) mechanics (Where checked for operation during road test)
- 2) Brake function and lining material, brake drums, limited to what is immediately visible at time of inspection
- 3) Evidence of brake fluid contamination/hydraulic fluid
- 4) Meters indicating oil and fuel consumption or the degree of oil and fuel consumption
- 5) Reason for oil leaks
- 6) Oil pump/Sump/Strainer to assess sludge build up
- 7) Wheel cylinders/Slave Cylinders
- 8) Transmission mechanics (Transmission operation tested during road test)
- 9) Engine cylinder compression
- 10) Vehicle’s computer systems, such as trip meter computers, cruise control and any other computer systems
- 11) Technical system
- 12) Engine mountings
- 13) Water pump/fan
- 14) Reason for water leaks
- 16) Sunroof Leaks and drainage efficiency
- 17) Odometer and camshaft belt, drive belt and timing belt;
- 18) Estimated expiry of exhaust system, clutch, dual mass flywheels
- 19) Standard to which repairs or service history have been completed
- 20) Verification of service history
- 21) accuracy or validity of speedometer and odometer readings
- 22) Vehicle electrics and electronics
- 23) Functionality of audio-visual or entertainment system including CD, Cassette, TV, DVD, iPod connectivity, sensors, alarm/security devices, satellite navigation systems/GPS
- 24) Degree of gas emissions
- 25) Catalytic converters
- 26) Additional accessories included as a result of owner’s modifications
- 27) Availability, function and suitability of Jack tools and locking nuts
- 28) Mechanical switching of wipers and lights (Tested at time of inspection
- 29) LPG systems
- 30) Air conditioning efficiency out side of test at inspection
- 31) Airbags (SRS) is a complicated electronic system that requires complex and involved testing procedures. An MTA Pre-purchase inspection checks the operation of the system check light and manufacturer intended.
- 32) Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) also has complex testing procedures. The inspection checks the system check light is operating and reports.The inspection and report offers no guarantee on the operation of the ABS
- 33) This inspection is not a Safety Check “Pink Slip” inspection.
- Please Note:
a) Any repairs deemed to have been carried out to a professional standard and not to have any detrimental effect on the vehicle shall not be deemed as being defective, hence the inspector will not be obliged to record said items on the report.
b) MTA Vehicle Inspections does not warrant or guarantee that general wear and tear items, or any component observed at the time of inspection, do not develop into issues requiring maintenance and repairs in the future.
We Recommend all vehicles purchased from a private seller should have a national “PPSR” check carried out for any previous accident damage / write off history prior to purchase.
MTA Vehicle Inspections neither implies or offers any warranties or guarantees as part of any inspection undertaken.